AWS Budget Integration
The ilert AWS Budget Integration helps you to easily connect ilert with AWS.
AWS Budgets allows you to set custom budgets to track your cost and usage from the simplest to the most complex use cases.
With ilert AWS Budget Integration, you can receive AWS Budget alert through ilert and easily extend AWS Budget functionality with SMS, push, voice, and ilert on-call schedules.
- 1.Go to the "Alert sources" tab and click "Create new alert source"
- 2.Enter a name and select your desired escalation policy. Select "AWS Budget" as the Integration Type and click on Save.
- 1.On the next page, a Webhook URL is generated. You will need this URL below when setting up the SNS topic subscription in AWS.
If you have already created an SNS topic for your AWS Budget, that you want to reuse, you can proceed to step 3.
- 1.On the SNS Dashboard click on Create topic
- 1.Give the topic a name and click on Create topic
- 1.Click on Create subscription on the Topic Detail page
- 1.In the Topic ARN section, ensure that the SNS Topic that you generated is selected
- 2.In the Protocol section, choose the HTTPS protocol
- 3.In the Endpoint section, paste the Webhook URL that you generated in ilert
- 4.In the Enable raw message delivery section, ensure that the checkbox is unchecked
- 5.Click on Create subscription
- 1.The subscription is automatically confirmed by ilert when it is created. After updating the overview, the status "PendingConfirmation" should disappear, and the ID should be displayed.
You can now link any AWS Budget to the topic you have created. The following section describes how to create a budget and make the link.
- 1.In AWS, click on the Profile Menu icon and select My Billing Dashboard
- 1.In the AWS Billing Dashboard click on Budgets and then click on Create budget to add a budget
- 1.On the Select budget type page, choose a budget type that interests you and click on Set your budget
- 1.On the Set your budget page, choose the settings according to your liking and click on Configure thresholds
- 1.On the Configure thresholds page, in the Amazon SNS section, paste the SNS ARN that you generated before and make sure that you configured the right topic permissions (you should see ✅ sign), then click on Confirm budget
- 1.On the Config budget page click on Create
Will alerts in ilert be resolved automatically?
Can I link AWS Budget to multiple alert sources in ilert?
Yes, create an SNS topic subscription in AWS for each alert source.