Microsoft Teams is the hub for team collaboration in Microsoft 365 that integrates the people, content, and tools your team needs to be more engaged and effective.
1. Open the application in Microsoft Teams: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/app/8f3b287d-df09-44e2-93b3-35e0dfa90756
2. Add the iLert bot to a team
3. Choose a team and channel name and click on the Set up a bot button
4. You should have received a welcome message in the previously selected channel, if you do not see the message or you want to reconnect use the
@iLert connect command to bring it up again. Click on the Connect button in the message, this will take you to iLert's login page to finish your connection.
5. Login to the iLert account which you want to connect to Microsoft Teams and iLert will automatically setup the connection for you - depending on your login state in Microsoft 365 you will have to login to Microsoft again, afterwards you will be automatically taken back to iLert and you should see a success message with your newly created connector.
Now that the initial connection between your Microsoft Teams and iLert accounts has been setup, you may choose alert sources which should send update messages to your Microsoft Teams channels - this is done by creating Incident Actions in iLert.
1. Go to the alert sources tab and open the alert source whose incident's updates you want to publish into Microsoft Teams channels. Click on the Incident actions tab and then on the Add new incident action button
2. On the next page choose Microsoft Teams as the type, choose the connector created before, name your action, choose Chat as Teams Action, choose Your team, then choose Your channel and click on the Save button.
3. Finished! You can now test the connection by clicking on the button Test this connection. Thereafter, a test message will be posted in your Microsoft Teams channel.
Can I link multiple Microsoft Teams Accounts to an iLert account?
Are updates to an incident published on the Microsoft Teams Chat channel?
Yes, the following updates to an incident are currently being published:
Escalations : An incident is assigned to another user through an automatic escalation.
Manual Assignments : An incident is manually assigned to someone.
Actions : An incident is accepted or resolved.
Can I choose which updates to an incident will be published in Microsoft Teams Chat?
How can I uninstall the iLert App from my Microsoft Teams account?
Login to your Microsoft Teams Account and navigate to your team
Click on the More options menu and then on the Manage team option
Click on the Apps tab
Find the iLert app
Click on the Uninstall button