Maximize accountability and transparency with on-call schedules
Use schedules to dynamically determine to whom an alert will be assigned to based on the time of the day. A few things to know about schedules:
- Only one user per schedule can be on-call at a time.
- Schedules are used in escalation policy. The members of a schedule will only be notified about inidents, if the schedule is part of an escalation policy.
- To preserve the history of a schedule, any changes to schedules apply to current and future dates only. Shifts that are in the past cannot be deleted or modified.
- Schedules can be embedded into any calendar application that supports the iCal format.
ilert offers two types of schedules - recurring and static schedules, which differ in the way a schedule is created and maintained. The schedule type cannot be changed after its creation.
Overrides are one-time changes to a schedule. Example uses of overrides include
- when a user becomes sick, goes on vacation, or would like to swap a shift with another user
- scheduling different shifts for holidays
The main benefits of overrides are that they are easy to add, they do not change the underlying structure of the schedule, they only require Responder role permission, and they can be added via the mobile app.
To schedule an override in the web app
- 1.Navigate to a schedule
- 2.Click on the Schedule override button or click on click on a shift in the timeline view
- 3.In the Schedule override dialog, select the user to you want to add as an override
Overrides can be deleted and overriden by another override. To delete an override, click on the override shift on the timeline, and then on the red x icon:
To add an override in the mobile app, open the Who is on-call? screen and tap on Override shift on the shift you want to override.
If an alert occurs during a time with no coverage in your schedule, then the alert will be escalated immediately to the next escalation level, without waiting for the escalation timeout. If no one is on-call on the entire escalation policy, no one will be notified.
Yes, you can change your shift colour in your profile settings. Click on your avatar in the navigation bar --> Contact details.