Grafana Integration (v 9.x)
Create alerts in ilert from Grafana 9 alerts.
- 1.Go to Alert sources and click on the Create new alert source button
- 2.Set a name for your Grafana alert source and select an escalation policy
- 3.In the field Integration type select Grafana and save.
- 1.On the next page, a Webhook URL is generated. You will need this URL below when setting up in Grafana.
- 1.In the sidebar, go to Alerting -> Contact points and click on the New contact point button.
- 3.Select Contact point type Webhook and in the field URL insert the webhookurl generated in ilert. Set the HTTP Method to POST.
- 5.Optionally test the integration by clicking on the Test button. Click on Save contact point.
- 8.Check if an alert has been created in ilert.
- 9.After the Contact Point has been created in Grafana 9, switch to any dashboard of your Grafana 9 installation and edit a graph.Screenshot 2022-09-08 at 17.05.28.png
- 11.In the edit view, open the Alert section via the left sidemenu and click on the blue Create alert rule from this panel button.
- 12.Fill in the desired Conditions.
- 14.Enter a Rule name and a Group name for your alert rule. Afterwards select a Folder for your alert rule to be stored in.
- 16.Enter a Description and a Summary to your alert rule by clicking on the grey Add info button.
- 18.Create custom Labels to identify the alert rule.
- 20.To save the alert rule, click on the blue Save button located on the top right corner.
- 21.After the Alert rule has been created in Grafana 9, create a new Notification policy by clicking on Notification policies tab -> New specific policy.
- 23.Add the created customised Labels in step 18 and choose the Contact point created in step 2. Save the notification policy by clicking on the Save policy button.
- 25.The integration is now set up!
Will alerts in ilert be resolved automatically?
Yes, as soon as an alert with "ok" has been resolved in Grafana, the associated alert in ilert will be resolved automatically.
What happens when an alert is paused in Grafana, is the associated alert also accepted in ilert?
Can I link Grafana to multiple alert sources in ilert?
Yes, create a Notification Channel per alert source in Grafana.