Grafana Integration (v 9.x)
Create alerts in ilert from Grafana 9 alerts.
- 1.Go to Alert sources --> Alert sources and click on Create new alert source
- 2.Search for Grafana in the search field, click on the Grafana tile and click on Next.
- 3.Give your alert source a name, optionally assign teams and click Next.
- 4.Select an escalation policy by creating a new one or assigning an existing one.
- 5.Select you Alert grouping preference and click Continue setup. You may click Do not group alerts for now and change it later.
- 6.The next page show additional settings such as customer alert templates or notification prioritiy. Click on Finish setup for now.
- 7.On the final page, an API key and / or webhook URL will be generated that you will need later in this guide.
- 1.In the sidebar, go to Alerting -> Contact points and click on the New contact point button.
- 2.Select Contact point type Webhook and in the field URL insert the webhookurl generated in ilert. Set the HTTP Method to POST.
- 3.Optionally test the integration by clicking on the Test button. Click on Save contact point.
- 4.Check if an alert has been created in ilert.
- 5.After the Contact Point has been created in Grafana 9, switch to any dashboard of your Grafana 9 installation and edit a graph.Screenshot 2022-09-08 at 17.05.28.png
- 6.In the edit view, open the Alert section via the left sidemenu and click on the blue Create alert rule from this panel button.
- 7.Fill in the desired Conditions.
- 8.Enter a Rule name and a Group name for your alert rule. Afterwards select a Folder for your alert rule to be stored in.
- 9.Enter a Description and a Summary to your alert rule by clicking on the grey Add info button.
- 10.Create custom Labels to identify the alert rule.
- 11.To save the alert rule, click on the blue Save button located on the top right corner.
- 12.After the Alert rule has been created in Grafana 9, create a new Notification policy by clicking on Notification policies tab -> New specific policy.
- 13.Add the created customised Labels in step 18 and choose the Contact point created in step 2. Save the notification policy by clicking on the Save policy button.
- 14.The integration is now set up!
Will alerts in ilert be resolved automatically?
Yes, as soon as an alert with "ok" has been resolved in Grafana, the associated alert in ilert will be resolved automatically.
What happens when an alert is paused in Grafana, is the associated alert also accepted in ilert?
Can I link Grafana to multiple alert sources in ilert?
Yes, create a Notification Channel per alert source in Grafana.