SignalFx enables real-time cloud monitoring and observability for infrastructure, microservices, and applications by collecting and analyzing metrics and traces across every component in your cloud environment. Built on a massively-scalable streaming architecture, SignalFx applies advanced analytics and data science-directed troubleshooting to let operators find the root cause of issues in seconds.
1. Go to the "Alert sources" tab and click Create new alert source
2. Enter a name and select your desired escalation policy. Select "SignalFx" as the Integration Type and click on Save.
3. On the next page, a Webhook URL is generated. You will need this URL below when setting up the hook in SignalFx.
1. Go to SignalFx and then to Alerts. Create a detector or edit an existing detector for triggering incidents.
2. Choose the rule that you would like to apply, then click Edit. In the Alert recipients section, click Add Recipient, select Webhook -> Custom...
3. On the modal window paste the Webhook URL that you generated in iLert and click on Update
Finished! Your SignalFx alerts will now create incidents in iLert.
Will incidents in iLert be resolved automatically?
Yes, as soon as an alert with "ok" has been resolved in SignalFx, the associated incident in iLert will be resolved automatically.
Can I connect SignalFx with multiple alert sources from iLert?
Yes, simply add more recipients in SignalFx alert rule.