AWS Personal Health Dashboard provides alerts and remediation guidance when AWS is experiencing events that may impact you.
With iLert AWS Personal Health Dashboard Integration, you can receive AWS Personal Health Dashboard issues through iLert and easily extend AWS Personal Health Dashboard functionality with SMS, push, voice, and iLert on-call schedules.
1. Go to the "Alert sources" tab and click "Create new alert source"
2. Enter a name and select your desired escalation policy. Select "AWS Personal Health Dashboard" as the Integration Type and click on Save.
3. On the next page, a Webhook URL is generated. You will need this URL below when setting up the SNS topic subscription in AWS.
If you have already created an SNS topic for your AWS Personal Health Dashboard that you want to reuse, you can proceed to step 3.
1. In the SNS Dashboard click on Create topic
2. Name the topic and click on Create topic
3. Click on Create subscription on the Topic Detail page
4. In the Topic ARN section, ensure that the SNS Topic that you generated is selected
5. In the Protocol section, choose the HTTPS protocol
6. In the Endpoint section, paste the Webhook URL that you generated in iLert
7. In the Enable raw message delivery section, ensure that the checkbox is unchecked
8. Click on Create subscription
9. The subscription is automatically confirmed by iLert when it is created. After updating the overview, the status "PendingConfirmation" should disappear, and the ID should be displayed.
You can now link any AWS Personal Health Dashboard rule to the topic you have created. The following section describes how to create a rule and make the link.
1. In AWS, click on Alerts icon and select View all alerts
2. In the AWS Personal Health Dashboard click on Dashboard and then click on Set up notifications with CloudWatch Events to add a rule
3. In the Event Source section, choose the Event Pattern
4. In the Service Name section, choose the Health service
5. In the Event Type section, choose the Specific Health events service
6. In the next section, choose Any service to receive an health update for each AWS service or choose Specific service(s) and select a service that interests you
7. In the Targets section, choose the SNS Topic and select the SNS topic that you generated before
8. Click on the Configure details button
9. On the next page in the Name section, enter a name for the rule
10. Click on the Create rule button
Will incidents in iLert be resolved automatically?
Yes, as soon as the Personal Health Issue is solved in AWS, the incident in iLert will be closed.
Can I link AWS Personal Health Dashboard to multiple alert sources in iLert?
Yes, create an SNS topic subscription in AWS for each alert source.