Create tickets in Autotask PSA based on alerts from iLert.
Datto’s Autotask Professional Services Automation (PSA) is a powerful and intuitive cloud-based PSA platform providing a singular view of the entire business - enabling MSPs to centralize business operations and make data-driven decisions to improve service, productivity and profitability.
Create an API user
1. Sign in to Autotask and then go to Admin -> Resources (Users)
2. Click the New button and then navigate to New API User
3. In the First Name section, enter a first name eg. iLert
4. In the Last Name section, enter a last name eg. API
5. In the Email section, enter an email
6. Click the Generate key button to generate a username and then the Generate Secret button to generate a password. You will need Username and Secret below when setting up the connector.
7. In the Integration Vendor section, choose iLert or your custom internal integration
Create a Autotask Connector and Link to alert source
1. Click on the gear icon and then on Connectors button
2. Click on Add Connector
3. Select Autotask as type and fill in all fields. Enter a name and the username/password pair that you created in the last step.
4. Go to the alert sources tab and open the alert source whose alerts you want to publish in Autotask. Click on Alert actions and then on Create alert action.
5. Select Autotask as the type, select the connector created in step 3, fill in all fields. In the Label field, specify the alert action name.
6. Finished! You can now test the alert action by clicking on the button Test this connection. Then a test ticket will be created in Autotask.
Are updates to an alert published in Autotask?
Can Autotask alert sources use Autotask connections?