Comment on page
Configure how ilert should notify you.
Each user defines in their profile how they will be notified about alerts, incidents and on-call shifts. To manage your notification settings, click on your avatar in the top right and go to notification settings.
A user with admin rights can also change the notification settings for other users.
Before you can receive notifications from ilert, your need to:
- 1.Add notification contacts (such as an email address or phone number) and activate support channels (e.g. SMS, WhatsApp)
- 2.Define notification rules, e.g. "for every high prio alert, first send me an SMS and call me after 5 minutes, if I do not respond to the alert".
ilert lets you add email addresses, phone numbers and push notification devices that you can use to setup notification channels.
ilert creates one email contact based on your login email by default. Push notification devices will appear automatically once you login to ilert via one of our mobile apps for Android or iOS.
To add a notification contact, click on the Add email or Add phone number link.
Once you have added a notification contact, a list of supported notification channels will appear. Before you can send notifications to a contact through a channel, you need to activate the respective notification channel.
When you activate a notification channel, ilert will ask you for a verification code that will be sent to the respective channel.
Activating a phone number via SMS will also activate phone call notifications.
The process for activating a notification channel differs from channel to channel. Please follow the instructions provided during activation. ilert supports the following notification channels:
- Phone calls
- iOS and Android push notification
Once activation was successful, you are able to test the notification channel by clicking on the Send test notification link.
There are 5 different types of notification rules to configure:
To define notification rules
- 1.Choose a notification type (e.g. High priority alerts), expand the section and click on Add notification rule
- 2.Configure the notification rule by selecting a contact and channel and click on Save.
For alert notification rules, you will be able to set delays between notifications, like the following:
Above rules will first notify you via Push (on all push devices), then (after 3 minutes) ilert will send you an SMS, unless you respond to the alert within 3 minutes. In this case, it will not notify you via SMS.
Alert notifications in ilert are bi-directional, that is, you can respond to a notification using the same channel on which you were notified (without logging into ilert), e.g. by replying to an SMS.
You have the following response options:
- 1.Acknowledge the alert
- 2.Mark the alert as resolved
- 3.Escalation to the next user in the alert's escalation policy