Comment on page
API Fortress Integration
API Fortress offers continuous API testing and monitoring that unifies functional, integration, and load testing across internal, partner, and third party APIs.
- 1.Go to Alert sources --> Alert sources and click on Create new alert source
- 2.Search for API Fortress in the search field, click on the API Fortress tile and click on Next.
- 3.Give your alert source a name, optionally assign teams and click Next.
- 4.Select an escalation policy by creating a new one or assigning an existing one.
- 5.Select you Alert grouping preference and click Continue setup. You may click Do not group alerts for now and change it later.
- 6.The next page show additional settings such as customer alert templates or notification prioritiy. Click on Finish setup for now.
- 7.On the final page, an API key and / or webhook URL will be generated that you will need later in this guide.
- 1.Click the gear icon in the top right corner to access the settings menu
- 2.Navigate to "Alert groups" and create a new alert group if no Alert Group exists yet
- 3.Click "Socket icon" -> "+ Connector to this group"
- 4.Select "JSON Alert" or "JSON Alert /w threshold", in this case we chose "JSON Alert /w threshold"
- 5.Put the URL Settings based on the API Fortress URL that we've got earlier in ilert Dashboard
More Details for "JSON Alert /w threshold" configs
URL: Webhook URL
Counter: Number of error before the alert is sent out
TTL: Time window in seconds before the alert is sent out (Ex. 2 errors counter over a time window of 60sec - 1 Minute)
- 6.Save the Config and go back to main dashboard
- 7.Click "Settings" on the project and assign the alert group
- 8.Upon meeting the alert criteria, JSON payload will be sent to the webhook URL, and Incident will be created in ilert