API Fortress Integration
API Fortress offers continuous API testing and monitoring that unifies functional, integration, and load testing across internal, partner, and third party APIs.
- Go to the "Alert sources" tab and click "Create new alert source"
- Enter a name and select your desired escalation policy.
- Select "API Fortress" as the Integration Type and click Save.
- On the next page, an API Fortress URL is generated. You will need the URL for the webhook configuration
- Click the gear icon in the top right corner to access the settings menu
- Navigate to "Alert groups" and create a new alert group if no Alert Group exists yet
- Click "Socket icon" -> "+ Connector to this group"
- Select "JSON Alert" or "JSON Alert /w threshold", in this case we chose "JSON Alert /w threshold"
- Put the URL Settings based on the API Fortress URL that we've got earlier in ilert Dashboard
More Details for "JSON Alert /w threshold" configs
URL: Webhook URL
Counter: Number of error before the alert is sent out
TTL: Time window in seconds before the alert is sent out (Ex. 2 errors counter over a time window of 60sec - 1 Minute)
- Save the Config and go back to main dashboard
- Click "Settings" on the project and assign the alert group
- Upon meeting the alert criteria, JSON payload will be sent to the webhook URL, and Incident will be created in ilert