Create ilert alerts from HashiCorp Consul Health Check events and get alerted through ilert for high priority issues.
HashiCorp Consul is a service mesh solution providing a full featured control plane with service discovery, configuration, and segmentation functionality. This integration creates based on Consul health checks.
- 1.Go to the "Alert sources" tab and click Create new alert source
- 2.Enter a name and select your desired escalation policy. Select "API" as the Integration Type and click on Save.
- 1.On the next page, an API Key is generated. You will need this API Key below when setting up the Consul-Alerts tool.
- 1.Install Consul-Alerts as per the guide at https://github.com/iLert/consul-alerts/blob/master/README.md
- 2.Once the Consul-Alerts are running, we can set the ilert integration key using curl.
curl -X PUT -d 'YOUR_API_KEY' http://localhost:8500/v1/kv/consul-alerts/config/notifiers/ilert/api-key
- 1.Enable ilert notifications in Consul-Alerts.
curl -X PUT -d 'true' http://localhost:8500/v1/kv/consul-alerts/config/notifiers/ilert/enabled
- 1.(Optional) Generating a test alert by having a health check fail to confirm the integration is working.
Will alerts in ilert be resolved automatically?
Yes, Consul-Alerts will resolve the ilert alert once health checks are passing.
Will alerts in ilert be accepted automatically?
No, unfortunately Consul events are not compatible with ilert accept events.
Can I connect Consul Server with multiple alert sources from ilert?
No, Consul-Alerts only supports sending alerts to a single alert source.