HashiCorp Consul is a service mesh solution providing a full featured control plane with service discovery, configuration, and segmentation functionality.
1. Go to the "Alert sources" tab and click Create new alert source
2. Enter a name and select your desired escalation policy. Select "API" as the Integration Type and click on Save.
3. On the next page, an API Key is generated. You will need this API Key below when setting up the Consul-Alerts tool.
1. Install Consul-Alerts as per the guide at https://github.com/iLert/consul-alerts/blob/master/README.md
2. Once the Consul-Alerts are running, we can set the iLert integration key using curl.
curl -X PUT -d 'YOUR_API_KEY' http://localhost:8500/v1/kv/consul-alerts/config/notifiers/ilert/api-key
3. Enable iLert notifications in Consul-Alerts.
curl -X PUT -d 'true' http://localhost:8500/v1/kv/consul-alerts/config/notifiers/ilert/enabled
4. (Optional) Generating a test incident by having a health check fail to confirm the integration is working.
Will incidents in iLert be resolved automatically?
Yes, Consul-Alerts will resolve the iLert incident once health checks are passing.
Will incidents in iLert be accepted automatically?
No, unfortunately Consul events are not compatible with iLert accept events.
Can I connect Consul Server with multiple alert sources from iLert?
No, Consul-Alerts only supports sending incidents to a single alert source.