With Grafana Integration, you can easily integrate Grafana Alerts into iLert. So you can easily extend Grafana with SMS, Push and Voice alerts, as well as rosters from iLert. Incidents are created in iLert and automatically closed when the problem is resolved. Furthermore, the incidents in iLert created by Grafana contain jump links to the respective graph and dashboards in Grafana.
1. Go to the alert sources tab and click on the "Create new alert source" button
2. Assign name and select escalation chain
3. In the field Integration type select Grafana and save.
4. On the next page, a Webhook URL is generated. You will need this URL below when setting up in Grafana.
1. Go to the sidebar tab Alerting → Notification channels and click on the green New channel button.
2. Select Type webhook and in the field Url insert the webhookurl generated in iLert, Http Method should be set to "POST".
3. Before you click on Save , you have the opportunity to test the integration. Click Send Test
4. Check if an incident has been created in iLert.
5. After the Notification Channel has been created in Grafana, add it to one or more graph alerts.
6. Switch to any dashboard of your Grafana installation and edit a graph.
7. In the edit view, open the Alert section via the left sidemenu and click on the green Create Alert button.
8. Fill in the desired condition and select the relevant iLert Notification channel under Notifications → Send to you created in steps 2 and 3. Do not forget to save the dashboard afterwards (in the upper right Navibar).
9. The integration is now set up!
Will incidents in iLert be resolved automatically?
Yes, as soon as an alert with "ok" has been resolved in Grafana, the associated incident in iLert will be resolved automatically.
What happens when an alert is paused in Grafana, is the associated incident also validated in iLert?
Can I link Grafana to multiple alert sources in iLert?
Yes, create a Notification Channel per alert source in Grafana.