Comment on page
The ilert Instana Integration helps you to easily connect ilert with Instana.
Instana is an application performance monitoring software for microservice applications. With the ilert Instana Integration, you can receive Instana alerts through ilert and easily extend Instana with SMS, Push, Voice, and ilert on-call-scheduling.
- 1.Go to Alert sources --> Alert sources and click on Create new alert source
- 2.Search for Instana in the search field, click on the Instana tile and click on Next.
- 3.Give your alert source a name, optionally assign teams and click Next.
- 4.Select an escalation policy by creating a new one or assigning an existing one.
- 5.Select you Alert grouping preference and click Continue setup. You may click Do not group alerts for now and change it later.
- 6.The next page show additional settings such as customer alert templates or notification prioritiy. Click on Finish setup for now.
- 7.On the final page, an API key and / or webhook URL will be generated that you will need later in this guide.
- 1._**_Open the Management Portal by clicking on Profile → Management Portal
- 2.Go to the Integration tab and click on WEBHOOK.
- 3.In the Notify on field, select the event types for which you want alerts from ilert.
- 4.In the Webhook URL field, copy the URL from the alert source set up in ilert and click on Save.
Will alerts in ilert be resolved automatically?
For alerts and issues in Instana: Yes, as soon as the state of an alert or issue is CLOSED in Instana, the alert in ilert will be resolved.
For Change and On / Offline Events: Every Change and On / Offline event generates a new Alert in ilert.