Comment on page
Use N-ABLE N-central notification channels and service groups to create alerts in ilert.
- 1.Go to Alert sources --> Alert sources and click on Create new alert source
- 2.Search for N-central in the search field, click on the N-central tile and click on Next.
- 3.Give your alert source a name, optionally assign teams and click Next.
- 4.Select an escalation policy by creating a new one or assigning an existing one.
- 5.Select you Alert grouping preference and click Continue setup. You may click Do not group alerts for now and change it later.
- 6.The next page show additional settings such as customer alert templates or notification prioritiy. Click on Finish setup for now.
- 7.On the final page, an API key and / or webhook URL will be generated that you will need later in this guide.
Login to N-ABLE N-central and navigate to the users menu.
Go ahead and click on the email address of the user for whose notifications you want to create alerts in ilert for. (We recommend creating a user just for this purpose, however that is not necessary).
In the user's edit view, click on the User Details tab and then on the Notification Method sub-tab.
Choose Add and create a new Third Party Integration - HTTP notification method.
Give it a proper name and paste the URL that you have copied from the new alert source that you have created in ilert from the steps above as Target URL.
Click on Save to create the new notification method.
Congratulations you have successfully connected N-central with ilert.
To make sure that N-central events will reach your ilert alert sources it is important to verify all required assignments of users in N-central.
- is your user part of an Access Group that is linked to the Device
- is your user assigned as Primary Notification of the Notification Profile (Configuration -> Monitoring -> Notifications -> Choose Notification Profile of your choice e.g. Connectivity Failed -> Primary Notification -> Selected Recipients)
If you navigate on to the devices overview of your assigned access groups or that are using your notification profile, you may click on one of the devices to edit them and select the specific device's service that relates to your Notification Profile, you can edit the check in the Monitoring tab and reverse the check - this will usually trigger a notification.