New Relic Integration (deprecated)
The ilert New Relic Integration helps you to easily connect ilert with New Relic.
With New Relic Integration, you can easily integrate New Relic Alerts with ilert. So you can easily extend New Relic with SMS, Push and Voice alerts, as well as ilert rosters. Alerts are created in ilert and automatically closed when the problem is resolved. In addition, the alerts in ilert created by New Relic include bounce links to the respective Incident in New Relic.
- 1.Go to Alert sources --> Alert sources and click on Create new alert source
- 2.Search for New Relic in the search field, click on the New Relic tile and click on Next.
- 3.Give your alert source a name, optionally assign teams and click Next.
- 4.Select an escalation policy by creating a new one or assigning an existing one.
- 5.Select you Alert grouping preference and click Continue setup. You may click Do not group alerts for now and change it later.
- 6.The next page show additional settings such as customer alert templates or notification prioritiy. Click on Finish setup for now.
- 7.On the final page, an API key and / or webhook URL will be generated that you will need later in this guide.
- 1.Go to the Alerts → Notification channels tab and click New notification channel.
- 2.Select Channel Type Webhook and insert the generated in ilert field Base URL.
- 3.After you click on Create channel , you have the opportunity to test the integration. Click Send a test notification.
- 4.Check if an alert has been created in ilert.
- 5.After creating the Notification Channel in New Relic, add it to one or more alert policies. Go to the Alert policies tab and click Add alert policy.
- 6.The integration is now set up!
Will alerts in ilert be resolved automatically?
Yes, as soon as an alert is closed in New Relic, the associated alert in ilert is automatically fixed.
What if an alert is acknowledged in New Relic, is the associated alert also confirmed in ilert?
Can I link New Relic to multiple alert sources in ilert?
Yes, create a Notification Channel for each alert source in New Relic.