Comment on page
The ilert Pingdom Integration helps you to easily connect ilert with Pingdom.
Pingdom is a website monitoring service provided by SolarWinds that offers real-time performance and uptime monitoring for websites, applications, and servers. With Pingdom integration, you can easily integrate Pingdom into ilert. The integration uses the webhooks from Pingdom. Thus, you can easily extend pingdom with SMS, push and voice messaging, as well as rosters from ilert.
- 1.Go to Alert sources --> Alert sources and click on Create new alert source
- 2.Search for Pingdom in the search field, click on the Pingdom tile and click on Next.
- 3.Give your alert source a name, optionally assign teams and click Next.
- 4.Select an escalation policy by creating a new one or assigning an existing one.
- 5.Select you Alert grouping preference and click Continue setup. You may click Do not group alerts for now and change it later.
- 6.The next page show additional settings such as customer alert templates or notification prioritiy. Click on Finish setup for now.
- 7.On the final page, an API key and / or webhook URL will be generated that you will need later in this guide.
- 1.Click on "Integrations" in the Pingdom Dashboard and click on "Integrations" on the right side of the menu
- 2.On the following page, click on the button "Add integration". In the pop-up dialog, select the integration type "Webhook" and assign a name (eg ilert). In the "URL" field, copy the Webhook URL from the alert source set up in ilert and click on "Save integration".
- 3.The integration can now be used in pingdom checks. Switch to a pingdom check and click on "Edit". Activate the ilert Webhook integration and click on "Modify check".
Will alerts in ilert be resolved automatically?
Yes, as soon as the state of a check in Pingdom is OK again, the alert in ilert will be fixed.
Can I link Pingdom to multiple alert sources in ilert?
Yes, create a webhook in Pingdom per alert source. You can then choose for each check in Pingdom which webhook you want to use for alerting.