Comment on page
TOPdesk Outbound Integration
Create tickets in TOPdesk based on alert events from ilert
- 1.Optional: create a dedicated ilert user in TOPdesk. This has the advantage that you can distinguish the TOPdesk tickets created by ilert.
- 2.Go to Modules, then to Supporting Files, and click on Operator
- 3.In the Surname section, enter a name eg. ilert
- 4.In the Site section, choose [System]
- 6.In the Login name section, click on Edit login data button
- 7.On the modal window, enter Login Name, New Password, Repeat password and click OK. Write down your username. You will need it later in ilert.
- 8.Click on Save
- 9.Go to AUTHORIZATION tab and click on Links Wizard
- 10.On the modal window, choose _API permission and click on Link
- 11.On the modal window, ensure that permisson group is linked and click on OK
- 12.Logout and login with the new
- 13.Go to My Settings and click on Add in the Application passwords section
- 14.Enter an Application name e.g.
iLertand ensure that the Expires on date is far in the future and click on Create
- 15.Write down your password. You will need it later in ilert.
- 1.Click on the gear icon and then on Connectors button
- 2.Click on Add Connector
- 4.Go to the alert sources tab and open the alert source whose alerts you want to publish in TOPdesk. Click on Alert actions and then on Create alert action.
- 5.Select TOPdesk as the type, select the connector created in step 3, fill in all fields. In the Name field, specify the alert action name.
- 6.Finished! You can now test the alert action by clicking on the button Test this connection. Then a test ticket will be published in TOPdesk.
Are updates to an alert published in the TOPdesk Ticket?
Yes, the state of the ilert Alert is reflected in the brief description of the TOPdesk ticket, eg [RESOLVED] Host compute.infra is DOWN.
Can I choose which updates to publish to an alert in TOPdesk?
Currently not. If you wish, we look forward to your feedback via chat or e-mail.