1. Optional: create a dedicated iLert user in TOPdesk. This has the advantage that you can distinguish the TOPdesk tickets created by iLert.
2. Go to Modules, then to Supporting Files, and click on Operator
3. In the Surname section, enter a name eg. iLert
4. In the Site section, choose [System]
5. In the Email section, enter a email eg. [email protected]
6. In the Login name section, click on Edit login data button
7. On the modal window, enter Login Name, New Password, Repeat password and click OK. Write down your username. You will need it later in iLert.
8. Click on Save
9. Go to AUTHORIZATION tab and click on Links Wizard
10. On the modal window, choose _API permission and click on Link
11. On the modal window, ensure that permisson group is linked and click on OK
12. Logout and login with the new
13. Go to My Settings and click on Add in the Application passwords section
14. Enter an Application name e.g.
iLert and ensure that the Expires on date is far in the future and click on Create
15. Write down your password. You will need it later in iLert.
1. Click on the gear icon and then on Connectors button
2. Click on Add Connector
3. Select TOPdesk as type and fill in all fields. Enter a name, the URL of your TOPdesk server, username and password of the API user that you created in the last step.
4. Go to the alert sources tab and open the alert source whose incidents you want to publish in TOPdesk. Click on Incident actions and then on Create incident action.
5. Select TOPdesk as the type, select the connector created in step 3, fill in all fields. In the Name field, specify the incident action name.
6. Finished! You can now test the incident action by clicking on the button Test this connection. Then a test ticket will be published in TOPdesk.
Are updates to an incident published in the TOPdesk Ticket?
Yes, the state of the iLert Incident is reflected in the brief description of the TOPdesk ticket, eg [RESOLVED] Host compute.infra is DOWN.
Can I choose which updates to publish to an incident in TOPdesk?
Currently not. If you wish, we look forward to your feedback via chat or e-mail.