Comment on page
Create ilert alerts from HashiCorp Consul Health Check events and get alerted through ilert for high priority issues.
- 1.Go to Alert sources --> Alert sources and click on Create new alert source
- 2.Search for HashiCorp Consul in the search field, click on the HashiCorp Consul tile and click on Next.
- 3.Give your alert source a name, optionally assign teams and click Next.
- 4.Select an escalation policy by creating a new one or assigning an existing one.
- 5.Select you Alert grouping preference and click Continue setup. You may click Do not group alerts for now and change it later.
- 6.The next page show additional settings such as customer alert templates or notification prioritiy. Click on Finish setup for now.
- 7.On the final page, an API key and / or webhook URL will be generated that you will need later in this guide.
curl -X PUT -d 'YOUR_API_KEY' http://localhost:8500/v1/kv/consul-alerts/config/notifiers/ilert/api-key
- 3.Enable ilert notifications in Consul-Alerts.
curl -X PUT -d 'true' http://localhost:8500/v1/kv/consul-alerts/config/notifiers/ilert/enabled
- 4.(Optional) Generating a test alert by having a health check fail to confirm the integration is working.
Will alerts in ilert be resolved automatically?
Yes, Consul-Alerts will resolve the ilert alert once health checks are passing.
Will alerts in ilert be accepted automatically?
No, unfortunately Consul events are not compatible with ilert accept events.
Can I connect Consul Server with multiple alert sources from ilert?
No, Consul-Alerts only supports sending alerts to a single alert source.