Comment on page
Create ilert alerts from MXToolBox alerts and get alerted through ilert for high priority issues.
MxToolbox supports global Internet operations by providing free, fast and accurate network diagnostic and lookup tools. Millions of technology professionals use MxToolbox to help diagnose and resolve a wide range of infrastructure issues.
- 1.Go to Alert sources --> Alert sources and click on Create new alert source
- 2.Search for MXToolBox in the search field, click on the MXToolBox tile and click on Next.
- 3.Give your alert source a name, optionally assign teams and click Next.
- 4.Select an escalation policy by creating a new one or assigning an existing one.
- 5.Select you Alert grouping preference and click Continue setup. You may click Do not group alerts for now and change it later.
- 6.The next page show additional settings such as customer alert templates or notification prioritiy. Click on Finish setup for now.
- 7.On the final page, an API key and / or webhook URL will be generated that you will need later in this guide.
- 1.Go to MXToolBox, then to Notifications and then create a new Notification policy or change the Default notifications policy
- 2.On the next page, click on the Custom tile
- 3.Open the notification policy, in the Callback section paste the Webhook URL that you generated in ilert, in the Format section choose Default. Make sure that the Webhook URL was **saved and the payload matches the following format: **
Finished! Your MXToolBox alerts will now create alerts in ilert.
Will alerts in ilert be resolved automatically?
Yes, as soon as an alert has been completed in MXToolBox, the associated alert in ilert will be resolved automatically.
Can I connect MXToolBox with multiple alert sources from ilert?
Yes, simply add more notification policies in MXToolBox.