Comment on page
Checkmk Integration (v 2.0+ )
The ilert checkmk native integration ships with checkmk version >= 2.0.0.
With the native ilert notification integration in Checkmk, you can automatically create alerts in ilert from Checkmk alerts. That way, you will never miss a critical alert and always alert the right person using ilert's on-call schedules, automatic escalation, and multiple alerting channels. When checkmk creates an alert, ilert will alert the on-call person through their preferred channel, including SMS, phone calls, push notifications and Slack. ilert will automatically escalate to the next person, if the alert is not acknowledged. ilert also lets you define alerting rules based on support hours and delay alerts until your support hours start.
- 1.Go to Alert sources --> Alert sources and click on Create new alert source
- 2.Search for Checkmk in the search field, click on the Checkmk tile and click on Next.
- 3.Give your alert source a name, optionally assign teams and click Next.
- 4.Select an escalation policy by creating a new one or assigning an existing one.
- 5.Select you Alert grouping preference and click Continue setup. You may click Do not group alerts for now and change it later.
- 6.The next page show additional settings such as customer alert templates or notification prioritiy. Click on Finish setup for now.
- 7.On the final page, an API key and / or webhook URL will be generated that you will need later in this guide.
- 1.Navigate to the Setup --> Events --> Notifications
- 2.In the Notification configuration, click on Add rule
- 3.In the Notification Method section choose ilert method. Enter enter the API key and click on Save.
Which notification types are processed?
The plugin processes the notification types
RECOVERY. The remaining Notification Types (including
DOWNTIME*) are ignored.
checkmk has the following alarm types:
Will alerts in ilert be resolved automatically?
Yes, as soon as the state of a host / service is UP or OK again in checkmk, the associated alert is resolved in ilert. If a problem is acknowledged in checkmk, the associated alert in ilert is set to the status Accepted.
Can I link checkmk to multiple alert sources in ilert?
Yes, create a checkmk user for each alert source in checkmk. Proceed as described above in the instructions.