Comment on page
AWS Budget Integration
The ilert AWS Budget Integration helps you to easily connect ilert with AWS.
With ilert AWS Budget Integration, you can receive AWS Budget alert through ilert and easily extend AWS Budget functionality with SMS, push, voice, and ilert on-call schedules.
- 1.Go to Alert sources --> Alert sources and click on Create new alert source
- 2.Search for AWS Budget in the search field, click on the AWS Budget tile and click on Next.
- 3.Give your alert source a name, optionally assign teams and click Next.
- 4.Select an escalation policy by creating a new one or assigning an existing one.
- 5.Select you Alert grouping preference and click Continue setup. You may click Do not group alerts for now and change it later.
- 6.The next page show additional settings such as customer alert templates or notification prioritiy. Click on Finish setup for now.
- 7.On the final page, an API key and / or webhook URL will be generated that you will need later in this guide.
If you have already created an SNS topic for your AWS Budget, that you want to reuse, you can proceed to step 3.
- 1.On the SNS Dashboard click on Create topic
- 2.Give the topic a name and click on Create topic
- 3.Click on Create subscription on the Topic Detail page
- 4.In the Topic ARN section, ensure that the SNS Topic that you generated is selected
- 5.In the Protocol section, choose the HTTPS protocol
- 6.In the Endpoint section, paste the Webhook URL that you generated in ilert
- 7.In the Enable raw message delivery section, ensure that the checkbox is unchecked
- 8.Click on Create subscription
- 9.The subscription is automatically confirmed by ilert when it is created. After updating the overview, the status "PendingConfirmation" should disappear, and the ID should be displayed.
You can now link any AWS Budget to the topic you have created. The following section describes how to create a budget and make the link.
- 1.In AWS, click on the Profile Menu icon and select My Billing Dashboard
- 2.In the AWS Billing Dashboard click on Budgets and then click on Create budget to add a budget
- 3.On the Select budget type page, choose a budget type that interests you and click on Set your budget
- 4.On the Set your budget page, choose the settings according to your liking and click on Configure thresholds
- 5.On the Configure thresholds page, in the Amazon SNS section, paste the SNS ARN that you generated before and make sure that you configured the right topic permissions (you should see ✅ sign), then click on Confirm budget
- 6.On the Config budget page click on Create
Will alerts in ilert be resolved automatically?
Can I link AWS Budget to multiple alert sources in ilert?
Yes, create an SNS topic subscription in AWS for each alert source.