PRTG Network Monitor Integration
Create alerts in ilert from PRTG notifications.
With PRTG integration, you can easily integrate PRTG with ilert and extend your existing PRTG monitoring with SMS, push and voice notifications as well as on-call schedules from ilert.
- 1.Go to Alert sources and click on Add a new alert source
- 2.Enter a name for your alert source (e.g. "PRTG") and select your desired escalation policy.
- 3.In the Integration Type field, select PRTG Network Monitor and click on Save.
- 4.Open the alert source details view by navigating to Alert sources -->Alert sources and clicking in the alert source that you have created. In the alert source details view, the fields PRTG URL and PRTG Postdata will be displayed. You will need those two fields in the PRTG setup below.
- 1.Got to Setup --> Account Settings --> Notification Templates
- 2.Click on Add Notification Template
- 3.As notification method select Execute HTTP ACTION
- 4.Copy the URL and Postdata fields from the ilert alert source above and paste them in URL and Payload fields of the HTTP Action.
- 5.Click on Create
- 6.Next, we will use the ilert notification template in PRTG. To do this, switch to the Root group in the device overview and select the Notification Triggers tab.
- 7.Create the following Notification Triggers. Note: We recommend to make use of the option repeat every x minutes in case your internet connection goes down.You may adjust the trigger to fit your needs, e.g. adjust the time that PRTG waits before it sends a notification to ilert.
Will alerts in ilert be resolved automatically?
Yes, as soon as the condition of a sensor in PRTG is OK again, the associated alert is resolved in ilert.
What if an alert is acknowledged in PRTG, is the associated alert also acknowledged in ilert?
No, in PRTG it is unfortunately not possible to send notifications for acknowledgements.
What if my internet connection is interrupted? Are the events generated in PRTG lost?
No, events will not be lost if you enable the "repeat every x minutes" option in PRTG (see above). In addition, we recommend that you monitor your Internet connection with ilert's heartbeat monitoring.
Can I link PRTG to multiple alert sources in ilert?
Yes, create multiple ilert notifications in PRTG. You can then associate them with objects in the PRTG object hierarchy.
The integration does not work. How do I find the issue?
Last modified 2mo ago